GP35 2558 (Frisco 708) at Fort Worth, Texas on January 31, 1982.
Tag Archives: 708
GP35 708 at Oklahoma City, OK (date unknown).
4-6-0 708 at Springfield, Missouri on June 23, 1951 (Arthur B. Johnson).
GP35s 702 and 708 at Portland, Oregon on September 12, 1979 (John L. Brown).
GP35 708 at Tulsa, Oklahoma (date unknown) (Harry Stegmaier).
GP35 708 at Tulsa, Oklahoma in August 1977.
GP7 570 and GP35s 708, 718 and 702 at Springfield, Missouri in October 1965.
This is at the east end of the Springfield Kansas Avenue Yard. The locomotives are sitting on the diesel pocket track east of the Springfield Diesel Shop (out of image to the right).
The track in front of (below) the locomotives is the lead track to the West Shops area, Benwood Yard and Clinton Subdivision (The High Line). The tracks behind the locomotives include east end diesel shop access, engine service tracks facility and yard leads.
Near the horizon line, above the locomotives, from left to right are the following significant or signature items:
- Springfield Stockyards (above the first three locomotives).
- Frisco’s Research and Testing Laboratory (above the cabs of the third and fourth locomotives).
- Frisco’s Cafe’ and Crew Dormitory Rest Facility (above rear of fourth locomotive).
- Frisco’s Springfield Kansas Avenue Yard and Terminal Superintendent’s Offices (between fourth and fifth locomotives).
- Frisco’s locomotive service tracks fixed sand towers (above fifth locomotive).
This shot was taken before the construction of the movable sand gantry, covered service tracks building and overpass bridge for Kansas Avenue. It is also before the “tower” was added to the northeast corner of the yard office building.
The photograph was taken from very near the intersection of West Chase Street and North Newton Avenue and the view is looking southwest.
Special thanks to Mark Davidson.