Tool car 10886 at Carthage, Missouri (date unknown).
This view is looking northeast from the 500 block of North Main Street. The elevator now appears to be owned by and is painted over the Norris Grain Company sign for the ConAgra Turkey Company. It stands north of the Frisco tracks between North Meridian Street (to the east) and North Main Street (to the west).
The Frisco’s tracks run at an approximately 45 degree angle from the northwest to the southeast in this area. Our stone walled depot originally sat between the same streets, but south of the elevator and tracks, just to the right of the photographer.
Fortunately, the depot was preserved, moved stone by stone, and reassembled in town at a fenced and gated large private residence estate at 1201 East Chestnut Street.
Special thanks to Mark Davidson.